Sunday, May 19, 2013

My Gable Top 10




Since this is a blog about my personal film buff experiences, it’s perhaps sacrilege to admit this but I’ve never liked GONE WITH THE WIND. Granted my first and only exposure to it was when it ran on network television in the seventies in two parts on two successive evenings but I simply didn’t like it. Oh, I was impressed as all get out by its trappings—the sets, the art direction, the color, the costumes, the spectacle. I just did not care for a single character and didn’t like spending that much time with any of them.

That said, I do most certainly do enjoy a good Clark Gable film and here are my Top Ten favorites more or less in order.




































RED DUST






































IT HAPPENED ONE NIGHT






































TOO HOT TO HANDLE






































THE TALL MEN






































SAN FRANCISCO






































CHINA SEAS






































BOOM TOWN






































RUN SILENT RUN DEEP

 








































MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY






































THE MISFITS

1 comment:

  1. "It Happened One Night" is in the top tier of my favorite movies. Gable is funny and Colbert is easy on the eyes!

    ReplyDelete